If you’ve been following our development over the last few years you will have seen the Park has come a long way. What began as a 300-year-old woodland carpeted in bluebells has since been transformed into a peaceful, yet captivating, area available to families to lay their loved ones to rest and as a place for reflection when they visit.
The most recent plan that has begun to take shape is the development of the Cedar Hall providing a permanent ceremonial hall with comfortable seating for 150 people replacing the existing Woodland Meadow Venue.
This phase started in December 2017 when JK Construction broke ground to complete the groundworks including a foundation and floor slab. AC Bacon Engineering was awarded the main contract, in September 2017, to construct the building and provided sound advice and support on this part of the development. Work then began on the final design with the invaluable guidance of architect Karen Bradley who steered us through detailed design and current building regulations.
We have made very good progress so far despite difficult weather conditions with credit to all the contractors involved to date and a well-managed build programme:
- Heras fencing erected with safety/security signage and welfare units hired in and connected to all mains services
- JK Construction start groundworks stripping soil, digging pads and foundations
- Floor slab sub-floor added and rolled ready for concrete slab at later date
- First pour of concrete to all foundations for dwarf wall and pads for steels
- AC Bacon steel and crane brought in for steel erection.
- Genie loading platforms install all steel and wooden purlins
- Attleborough Scaffolding erect scaffolding around entire eight sided building
- Cladding team arrive and start cladding the roof with fully insulated sheeting
- Bricklaying on dwarf wall which ‘wraps’ around the Ceremonial Hall
- Scaffolding removed
- Cladding team start erecting perimeter walling.
As we move through 2018, the development of the Hall is progressing to the next stage with the aim being to reach completion around October 2018. Stay with us on social media to keep up to date with all that’s going on and for sneak previews on how it is taking shape.
Welfare unit delivered for site workers
JK Groundworks team digging foundations
JK Groundworks team pouring first concrete for steel work
AC Bacons team erecting first steel work for Ceremonial Hall
Ceremonial Hall main frame finished
AC Bacons team fitting roofing
Kevin constructing dwarf wall
AC Bacons team fitting insulated wall cladding